Xah Music Blog
Human Animals and Their Songs. From which, the guts are deciphered.
Interview with a Vampire, Lestat Sonata (updated)
Liszt, Years of Pilgrimage (now complete)
Vera Lynn “We'll Meet Again” (apropos)
《蔓莉》 Manli (old Chinese song, 1943)
Blondie - “Rapture” (repost)
The Last Kind Word Blues (remember everybody needs love.)
Diva Dance Song from The Fifth Element (a new singer of the inhuman song.)
Macross Plus “the Borderline” (updated with video)
Rain Man soundtrack, all songs are great. Belle Stars - “Iko Iko”
萧亚轩 - “And I Know” (song) (old Chinese song. Video update)
Snake River Conspiracy - “You And Your Friend” (updated with original)
如果邪惡 是華麗殘酷的樂章， 它的終場 我會 親手寫上。 晨曦的光 風乾最後一行憂傷， 黑色的墨 染上安詳。 if evil, is the grandeur of cruelty i would personally compose the finale morning light, dried the last line of anguish black ink dyes tranquility
song of the day. Jay Chou, currently the biggest pop star in East Asia. 周杰倫 《夜的第七章》 “Twilight's Chapter 7”
鄧麗君 《南海姑娘》 (The Tropics Sea Girl) (updated video)
蕭孋珠 《詩意》 (Poetic Yearning) (updated video)
they say, music is the soul of humanity. in a song, it's not just music. It's history, linguistics, ethology, ethnology, and anthropology!
王菲 《容易受傷的女人》 (Fragile Woman) (updated video and translation)
醉在你懷中 作詞：賈濼 作曲：江風 眼波帶醉 慢慢流動 櫻桃小嘴 火般殷紅 細語耳邊 輕輕相送 美酒情意 一般濃 今晚讓我放鬆 醉在你的懷中 醉在你的懷中 只怕那醒來時更寂寞虛空 那管明朝各分西東 只要今晚我倆相逢
Hotline Miami OST “Turf (El Huervo)” (full soundtrack added)
Prince, all Purple Rain Songs
Twin Peaks Theme Songs - “Into the Night”. We have, saw sawing saw.
Female Wail Panel Index (new group panel index)
here's frenzy piano version. Not well done.
when you have a classical piece, you can listen to it a few times, and know, if it'll last for just a few days, or years.
this piece, lasts just a few days. After that, it's annoying.
new nav panel. tell tale songs, aka ballad. if you are interested in what's called the Arts in college.
y'know? like 4chan /b, but suppose written by a 50 yrs old man, like, a touch of understanding of world's affairs.
and sometimes i suppose, if that guy is 1k years old, like, vampire that's so sexy on screen, he wouldn't have cared.
if you live forever, at what age, you start to disbelieve all you believed? and at what age, it's all a joke? but then, maybe it won't be so.
That, is the great mystery of life.
O, how i long to be a vamp, at 50, still rock hard.
some of the classics like David Bowie - “Life on Mars” That empty gaze of pale blue.
David Bowie - “Space Oddity” Eerily serene and catastrophic. The love, the aspiration, the venerability, and the anthropic beauty of home.
and this is House of the Rising Sun . Meaning, prostitute house. A place of dreams, of desperation, pleasure, business, and murder.
and here's the classic, prison of wealth Eagles - “Hotel California”
and here's Queen - “Bohemian Rhapsody”. died of AIDS. Scaramouche in fandango vs Galileo figaro.
whereas Bismillah means “In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful”. and Beelzebub means “Lord of the Flies”.
new navigation panel, wartime Shanghai songs. History sings. The pain, the devastation, the sorrow.
now with side panel. She's biggest Asian pop star, since 2000.
new navigation panel. Chinese song. She's the biggest Asian star in 1980, 1990s.
This piece, is the best music in the universe. Bach, Well-Tempered Clavier, Book 1, Fugue № 8
- ok, now, Xah edu corner, bout #20160701063239, on canon, fugue, and counter-point! and pitch, timbre, and what means musics!
- 1 first of all, u no unstand. it's too deep a subject.
- 2 see yonder sine wave of ya highschool? remember frequency, amplitude? and wave shape?
- side insert: the spectacular flame of mathematics Sine Curve
- 3 now, loundness is the size of the wave. frequency is the pitch. higher pitch, more squished the wave. shriek of girls.
- 4 wave shape corresponds to timber. that is, the “color” of the sound. e.g. piano, violin, human, sound different at same pitch
- 5 Let's present pitch by numbers. 1 2 3 4 5 …. So a piece of piano music is just sequence of numbers, each with a duration.
- 6 now you can play a song backward. namely, read the number sequence from last to first.
- 7 you can do transpose. That is, add/minus n to all numbers. So, if a song is 3 2 7 2 9, now if +1, it's 4 3 8 3 10
- 8 we can also play inverse. eg song 3 2 7, is -1 +5. Now do +1 -5. So new song is 3 4 -1. So, song 1 2 3 4 5 6, is 6 5 4 3 2 1. (if we transpose first)
- 9 another variation is length/shorten duration of each note, for all notes in the song.
- 10 now, you can combine any of the above, to create a new variation of the melody.
- 11 now, a canon is 1 melody with variations of the above means. basically, same melody, repeated, going each every way, in the same song.
- 12 fugue is just canon, but with non-strict rules. So, basically, a melody that repeat in varied ways in one song.
- 13 you can easily understand Fugue, by listening to this. 〈What is a Fugue? So You Want to Write a Fugue〉 What is a Fugue? So You Want to Write a Fugue
- 14 you see, the key is that the end result must be musical. that's what makes fugue difficult and fascinating.
- 15 the above mention ways of variation of a melody, is called contrapuntal or counter-point. so, fuge is contrapuntal composition.
- 16 j s bach is the king of writing fugue. goto youtube search fugue you'll find tons.
- 17 now, for some reason, contrapuntal music is a thing of the west. Music in china, for example, never developed such a concept.
- 18 lol. somebody made a fuge of lady gaga's song.
Liszt, Years of Pilgrimage (on its own page)
“Listen, I'm not the nicest guy in the Universe, because I'm the smartest. And being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets.” —Rick ＆ Morty
Q: How to kill a mathematician? A: Play this fugue. Bach, Well-Tempered Clavier, Book 1, Fugue № 4